Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Egos in poker...

This is a post that could go on for a long while but I will briefly speak about this then perhaps in the future go deeper into it. We are all guilty of having big egos sometimes, yet it costs a lot of money. I rarely get involved in ego wars and am confident when it comes to heads up SNG not one player I have ever faced to date has an edge on me. There are so many weak players that I generally don't sit against anyone I know makes a living from poker. There are two main reasons for this, firstly you will get an easier game versus a person who plays for fun as they simply don't expect to win as often as someone who does it for a living. Secondly I am simply not that greedy and don't feel the need to win money from someone trying to grind a living. Obviously if the weaker players ever did dry up I would have to start attacking some of the players who play for a living.

Now I notice certain players constantly want to try and beat me, here are a few examples. One player BEER333 was doing ok, every few weeks he sits in a few of my hu sng and I generally win and he goes away for a few weeks. Then he comes back and tries again, what is he trying to do? He thinks one day he will start beating me and then sit in all my games and win my money from me? I finally snapped and now any heads up game I see him in I will generally join and will go out of my way to crush him. Feel free to check his sharkscope and see how it has set him off on mad tilt and how he has lost almost his entire bankroll.

Another players is IAMMULC whom I first played almost a year ago in a few heads up plo games. I won 3/3 or 4/4 but admittedly each game the blinds did go very high so was a bit flippy. He realises there is no value so he stopped playing me and I did not sit in his games again. Now for some reason he decides to sit in one of my games this week. I was playing 4 tables at the time and it pissed me off so i jumped in his $200 and $300 game and won both. Now his ego takes over and he starts to sit in all my games, running bad and he wins around 7 in a row. Since then I have won quite a few from him and he is not one penny up against me, over the course of time I will be a big winner against him. People do not realise games under $500 I generally don't give a shit about and will 6-8 table heads up. I am happy to make a small profit whilst I wait for the big fish who i will play at any stake. Now if somebody wants to play me whilst I am 6 tabling and play just one table themselves trying their hardest to rob my hard earned money and I realise this I will crush them. I will come for you so hard, I will get other good players to target you also when I am not around. When people boast they beat me in a few $200s its laughable, challenge me direct and I will play $500-1000 games and just play one table a time and break you hard.

I have been successful at what I do for several years now and have seen many come and go. Another player called Heurbag10 had a sick run against me, in one month he made £8000 from poker but ran better than a wind assisted Asafa Powell on speed. He kept bad beating me and saying 'but i won' if i said anything. The last time i checked his sharkscope was minus $30,000. In poker your results will not count over a day a week or even a year, it is after many years that it counts. Playing with an ego will crush you. If you have a huge ego and make a million in a year without the ego it would probably be much more. The heurbags, beer333s, iammulcs of this world who feel the need to sit with me will lose money for doing so. What is wrong with just playing bad players and getting easy money. It is so good when you can make loads of money from playing fish and personally I wont ever play people who I dont have a huge edge over unless they piss me off then they will be hit hard and hopefully learn there lesson.

The current suckout king is NLALEXXMOHN. He has played 1500 games and has a total profit of £900, yet somehow I have played him 150 times and am losing £1500 to him. Again within a few months he will be running at a loss. He can sing now when he has been having miracle luck but variance always comes through in the end.

Ok boys and girls I shall go into this further another time, just remember egos cost money. Go for the easy money and you will have a better life, or if you have a deathwish come chase me.

No comments: