Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

leaderboards are back...

Having decided to take a month away from betfair poker in September I was enticed back when I saw that all sng had rake capped at $10 per game. Playing $1000 games on most sites you pay approx $30 rake and on $500s around $20 so the savings to be made are huge. Also leaderboards are back at betfair for October at least. I pretty much worked out that if I won the top two of the three leaderboards I would get a $2000 bonus and with the reduced sng rake that I would be on over 100% rakeback. Well just like old times I have won the top two leaderboards with ease. I gave the other players hope by not firing on all cyl;inders until the last day on the middleweight leaderboard but the eventual result was never in doubt.

Once again Betfair poker make errors, they state leaderboards will be updated every four hours yet on some days they were not updated at all. Surely it can't be that hard to do. Still all of us who use betfair poker regularly are used to their incompetence.

Another reason for me going for the leaderboards was to calm down a bit. The last week of September saw me lose £30,000 with bad plays and crazy tilts. This is something I need to review. For now if I take it easy for a month I should be able to recoup at least £15,000.

So one week gone in October and current profit stands...

Approx £1100 for two leaderboard

Approx £ 3300 from sng

(Punterz08 896 £4 £60 £3,339 WWLWWLWL Betfair <1Wk) sharkscope stats

Approx £700 rakeback

Total £5000 from a week playing fairly low stakes so definitely not a bad result. I can't see myself having a £50,000+ month for the rest of 2008 as I am not mentally strong enough to be playing the bigger games at the moment. I rarely tilt yet over the last few months on many occasions I have been a tilt monkey. The only positive I can take from my tilt sessions is that it was non poker related issues that generally set me off.

Well week one and £5000 back. Lets hope in week two I can maintain the steady progress.