Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Monday, December 22, 2008

I love Burberry....kind of!

I have never liked the chav that is burberry. However that has changed this morning, I woke up with the smell of perfume from one of the girls from last night. It was made by burberry and it smelt amazing! I can't really say too much about last night as I have been sworn to secrecy. So now on to poker...

Betfair have been running three leaderboards per week for 11 weeks now and in the ten weeks prior to this one I had won the heavyweight and the middleweight leaderboard in the same week nine times the only week I never won them both I came 1st and 2nd. So this week having spent most of friday and saturday night in various pubs and clubs I had slipped behind a bit. Waking up with a hangover today the last thing I wanted to do was play. However with four hours left today I blitzed the tables and once again retained the two leaderboard titles for which I get in the region of £1300. The last few weeks I have been leaving it until the dying hours to take the lead which hasn't been a good idea as I have been drinking so much over the weekend. With Christmas and New Years Eve coming up I am not sure exactly how much I will play, we shall soon see.

Several people have asked me why I am not playing many high staked games at the moment. I did actually play two $10,000 games this month but in general am still playing mainly lower stakes as I had issues relating to my ex girlfriend. The good news is I feel I finally have some closure on this. Quite simply her boyfriend has seen a few girls behind her back, quite a few people know yet haven't told her. I didn't even tell her at first but one afternoon she was lecturing me and I snapped and told her. Naturally he lied about it and she chose to believe him. Since then we have argued a lot mainly due to her thinking I was lying and me getting frustrated at her not believing me and lots of her so called friends not telling her. Its all relative to poker as this has been causing so many swings with my bankroll. However the goods news for those who read this blog is that she won't be mentioned again here which means more crazy Vegas style stories and pictures. Too much has been said now so I don't even ever want to talk to her until she can apologise. Still she is a stubborn cow so I doubt that will happen, surely in the end the truth will come out but then I guess when it does I won't be bitter and try and rub it in saying I told you so. I hope that she copes through the inevitable fallout well and I guess I would be there for her anyways.

So now on to my targets for 2009, it shall be a busy year hopefully and I have a feeling it will be one of my best yet. I am absolutely determined to get back in shape. Whilst I doubt I will ever get back in the condition I was in during my late teens and early twenties I am sure I can come close. In the three weeks since I have come back from America I have lost ten pounds in weight, this is without much exercise and mainly down to cutting back on alcohol. I want to lose around 25lb more in weight and I hope to achieve that by May, then after that I can work on some toning. This has to be my main aim for the year. With poker I had kind of set some targets but I guess this will just take care of itself. So long as I avoid more than a few big losing sessions I will be fine no doubt. If I feel the property market has bottomed out towards the end of the year I will try and buy one of three houses that I have been looking at for over a year now! Two of them may be riculous money still, one definitely won't be. The rental for my flat will always easily cover the mortgage and it won't be hard to rent considering the refurb I have given it. Now the hardest change to make will be the Punterz/Me relationship. The two of us are very different, yet over the years many similarities are forming. Online I like to get under peoples skins, annoy them etc. I am not there to make friends, I am there to take your money as my main priority. However often away from poker I have started to get too flash at times and it really isn't cool, especially during the current recession when so many are struggling. So in 2009 I am going to generally try and be less extravagent and nicer to people in general. However in the poker world I will still be worse than ever as it is important to remember winning is the main priority and I will do that at any cost.

Anyways it has been a long and exhausting weekend and during the course of this post I had a minitilt and lost £1900 on $2/5 omaha 6 handed. I wish everyone a happy christmas and genuinelly hope you all have a good time. I only hate you guys on the table bar the odd few idiots. 2009 is going to be a tough year in general for the united kingdom so just don't lose focus and think positive and it should see you through.

2 comments:

Robert "Animal" Price said...

Which was it that i bluffed in Vegas with 5 high ? Punterz or Me ? 6 high wins !!!!!

Punterz said...

To be fair knowing your range I needed 8 high or better to call on that board.