Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I hate Tottenham....

I really do, I used to live close to there and never did like passing through there etc. Horrid place, absolutely repulsive at best. Now the local team there is Tottenham Hotspurs (some of the overseas readers may not be familiar with London/England geography). The team is one of the most hated in the country alongsides probably Manchester United. Now one of the reasons many people don't like Manchester United is because they have generally been a very successful club. It is rare for the English to like a winner, back the underdog mentality. Fine the English were huge underdogs against the Germans in two world wars. However without the help of Russia, Canada, Australia and the United States...(EVENTUALLY)we would have had no chance. So stop with the backing the underdog mentality. I am starting to digress back to why I hate Tottenham....

I haven't really had many bets over the last few years as I am fully aware how easy it is to chase a loss. When I wake up on a Sunday morning after a Saturday night out I think two things:

1) I don't want to play today
2) I want to get back the money I spent last night.

Last Saturday I didn't spend particularly too much, around £600. On Sunday I wake up too late for the West Ham United game and they were easy 3-1 winners. So I put £1000 on Tottenham to win at home against Portsmouth. Portsmouth's manager Tony Adams is an absolute fruit bat as of late but Tottenham are bottom of the league for a reason I guess. So Spurs are all over Pompey, yet concede a goal. They equalise and the match is at 1-1 on a knife edge, seconds to go and one of spurs most expensive players at over ten million pounds misses an absolutely easy chance. Disgrace, I have lost £1000 on you pieces of shit.

Now a week later and it is f.a. cup day, Manchester United are at home against Tottenham Hotspurs. The two most hated teams in the country, one because they are so good and the other because they are just horrible. Manchester are top of the table and Spurs are bottom. I turn the game on after ten minutes and see that against the odds Spurs have scored a lucky goal and now Manchester have gone from odds of 1.30 to odds of 1.98. What a gift, I am more likely to have gay sex with a dog than Manchester not to score. The only problem is I have a dinner reservation at six. I figure that I have around twenty minutes spare and Manchester are all over Spurs like flies around a piece of shit. It is a question of when not if they will score. I borrow a friends account and get £2000 on at roughly even money with the intention of trading when they score. Chance after chance, then the crossbar thwarts Tevez....I am running out of time. I have to go for dinner so I trade out my bet for roughly the same as my inital stake. Within TWO seconds of me laying the bet off manchester score. If I had of been two seconds later the bet would not have been matched and I would have been able to lay off for a £1500 profit no matter what the outcome. Everything associated with spurs just always turns to shit.

Apparently betfair are increasing rakeback for those who apply from 1st February. Why keep appealing to new customers and at the same time upsetting existing ones who then leave the site?

2 comments:

Bossanova21 said...

never bet on tottenham, QPR, forest, leeds or arsenal IMO

Anonymous said...

Thats my acca for next week then Boss!!!