Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Playing Poker Drunk....

Many of us have been guilty of playing drunk and some of us have horror stories. When I used to come home from a night out I couldn't help logging on and trying to win some money to pay for my night. Occasionally I won some on stakes way out of my roll, more often than not I would find myself almost crying when I woke up the next day and checked my balance to see ZERO. On some occasions I had played and not even realised! However I then realised if i got super drunk i would just collapse on the floor when I got indoors and not even make it to my bed let alone get to my computer!

So i was out again this Saturday, I went to the rooftop gardens at high street kensington. Bar a nice group of girls from maidenhead celebrating a 26 birthday it was a bit clique in there. The energy was scattered, you would have pockets of fun lively people then areas of boring stuck up people. I decided I would have to go elsewhere or get drunk to make my own action. I ended up with plan b. Most of what I drunk I have forgotten but friends have reminded me, the queue at the bar was quite slow when I arrived there just after eleven. So i ordered two bottles of peroni beer, then another two. It was at this point i decided to get drunk and had three bottles of Lauren Perrier Rose. Inbetween also several double jack daniel shots (YUCK) and several vodka shots. After this apparently I had several spirits with mixers also.

Now near the end of the night (not from my memory but friends) some posh boy was throwing ice at me. It turns out I offered him a drink which he accepted and I tipped over a full ice bucket over his head. Sorry posh boy if by random chance you read this blog, or if anybody knows him send him my wishes.

I cannot remember getting home, around 6.30 a.m. somehow i was at the car park of woodford green police station. I hadn't been arrested though as the time frame couldn't have catered for that. So from now on I shall cut back on my drinking, getting literally blind drunk is simply too risky. The recommended WEEKLY limit is 21 units for men or 14 for women. You can check your weekly intake at this link http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/asp/healthy_living/lifestyle/alcohol/alctest.asp

On Saturday alone i drank more than double the recommended weekly amount. Well as from now on no more excessive drinking for me. I conquered playing drunken poker but now for sake of bad health I shall cut back. Whats the point in playing poker for a week then losing it all in one drunk session, or looking after your body all week then undoing it with a massive drinking session.

Gamble responsibly, drink responsibly, live life semi-responsibly

2 comments:

sttrow said...

I too have decided to try and drink a little bit more responsibly following two weeks of hardcore boozing.

The weekend normally draws me uncontrollably towards drink

PS
I came in after a sesh last, loaded up two STT games on Full Tilt and woke up 2 hours later..I hadn't even played a hand before I passed out

Punterz said...

I hope you got lucky and finished third on one of them!