Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Shuggy16......

I am back! After the last NFL tip I have decided to quit any tipping service. It is not because one of the teams lost, in fact those who backed to my knowledge laid for a good profit in the 4th quarter. Even with a small fun bet for some people it turns into an avalanche of bets and they lose their poker bankroll. So from now on I shall try not to encourage any gambling as some people simply cant cope with it.

I am introducing a few friends to poker and pretty much starting them out the same way i got started. Play for fun and freerolls, to this day one of my best poker memories is coming 4th out of almost 10000 players on a freeroll at www.thegamingclub.com. I think I was rewarded with around $100! My friend is playing 2000 play chip sit and goes today, I wanted to join a game but at fulltiltpoker you get 1000 play chips. So i went all in every hand on a lower 'buy-in' game to double up. I lost a few times reloading with 1000 each time until i made 2000. One player I took out was Shuggy16, he continued to rail and was giving some abuse out. He then railed the 2000 point game, his tone was much better and he was being friendly now. I sent him $5 as a surprise now hopefully he can win a little bit. Lets see if he is as good as he thinks he is by playing 5 $1 games, it isn't much but it is a start!

I will often do small random things for the benefit of low stake players. I believe that the foodchain must always be looked after at all levels, OVER 99% of the high stake players today will have started out at low stakes. Also it can be a struggle at the bottom and just a small goodwill gesture can make somebodies day.

People who play at fulltiltpoker will know that often people will ask in observer chat for people to send $5. When playing some multi table games with a few of the fulltilt sponsored pros myself and Azimut were initially shocked to see how so many people used to ask the pros for money. So on several occasions myself and Azimut would send the pros $5. They would be on a cash table with $100000 perhaps and then get a pop up on their screen that they had just been transfered $5. It made for some interesting table talk on a few occasions, in fact Daniel Negreanu's blog has mentioned previously random strangers sending him money! Daniel's blog is a great read and here is the link if anyone else wants to read it http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php .

Another instance of sending $5 to people for fun was during one of the bigger games on fulltilt, myself and Dealem saw so many people asking for $5 and decided to have some fun. He would select some of the observers and then we would send $5 and issue them with a challenge. They had to double the money up then they could have another $10 as part of a mentoring scheme. At first observers didn't believe that others were getting sent any money until they then saw them in $1 games and micro cash tables. There was absolute mayhem! Nobody managed to double the initial $5.

Off to play some of the multies on fulltilt now, it really is a great site although no site will ever be as good/big as pokerstars. Good luck to Shuggy16 and everybody else grinding it out.

3 comments:

JusticeFT96 said...

I also remember the time you told the railers that they should email you if they wanted free money, you gave them my email address and I woke up to loads and loads of emails!

I will have my revenge.

Bluff2win said...

can u write your views on the absolute poker scandal if u get time please? i was reading some over at...www.tillerman.net and would be interested in ur view. nice post on sending people money, if ur feeling generous i am currently busto and have a stars account under the alias of box_fresh1 if u get my drift :.

gl

Punterz said...

sorry bluff i dont have a stars account, they closed it when i opened it awaiting verification and i never got round to it!