Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Fight them or join them?/ FullTiltPoker, Betfair Poker, Absolute Poker scams.

Several things happened on the tables last night which I don't approve of. They are tactics that sometimes increase profits guaranteed. However even if it is online I believe that you should still show respect to a certain extent even if you will probably never ever meet your opponent for real. Last month there was the instance of where a guy I was playing frequently every day was sat out at the start of the game, he came in some time later and I had a lot of chips of his which I passed back. He says thankyou, then the tables are reversed a few days later and does he do the same back? No he says hahaha fuck you when I request he do for me as I did for him. (glad to see he has gone from playing $200 games to $10 games now!). Now for last night....

I had a few beers watching the football, then later on I had a few in the west end of london. I forgot I had had a few beers before and when I got home I wasn't entirely sober. I logged on and played cash $2.50/$5 and quickly went from $250 to $550. The table was manic and there was a chance of a big score, then I get KK and make a big reraise called by A6o flop is 662 I go broke. Now I go on mad drunk tilt and start throwing money away, I end up losing over $2000. During this time people would make a profit then leave and come back a few minutes later buying in for less I think this is cheap and wrong. Then some people would ask me to play heads up which again I think is wrong. I really do not like when someone is playing bad on a 6 seat table and another player tries to take them away to themselves. So i say ok but 25/50 nl......

The guy sits and I buy in for $2000 and first hand I raise with A * and flop a pair, the river is A and I bet $900 pot he thinks for a while and folds. I then sit out with $450 back from my $2000, it is a shame I did not get the extra $900. Also I noticed that someone would join table from Faroe Islands and then the next person to join was also from there. The whole island has a population of just over two people so what a coincidence that was! When I view cash tables I often notice that you get groups from a certain country sat on the same table, always spaced out a few players apart. No proof but I can only suspect sometimes there is teamwork going on.

I soon get back almost all of my losses playing heads up sit n go. Then a few more unsporting things started to happen. It was around 4a.m. and the site was pretty dead, I had played a bad player around ten times and won most. Another player was clearly watching the games and as soon as they entered he would try to jump into the next game the second the fish did, a few times he got into the games before me. I was pleased to see DJPONYTALE take most of his money on heads up cash after. Now the person I was playing at one stage in a $100 game was also registered in a $300 game, I said shall I join that also and he said yes. When the game started he said I don't want to play two tables at once can we sit out on one. I explained I do not want to sit out and later when we start playing the blinds will probably be sky high. I won the $100 and said don't worry I will give it back to you after. We then finished the $300 and I played a $100 game with him and sat out so he could get the win. Here is an example of how bad he was...

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 264143035 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $300 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee, Level:1 Blinds(10/20-
(no ante)) - Thursday, October 18, 04:06:20 GMT 2007
$300+$15 NL Holdem #1184224
Table 1 2-max (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of active players : 2
Seat 1: (alias deleted) ( 1,330 )
Seat 2: Mr Silent ( 1,670 )
Tourney Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante))
Mr Silent posts small blind [10]
(alias deleted) posts big blind [20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mr Silent [ Ks, Ah ]
Mr Silent raises to [60]
(alias deleted) raises to [180]
Mr Silent goes all-in
Mr Silent raises to [1,670]
(alias deleted) calls [1,150]
(alias deleted) goes all-in
Returning uncalled bet [340] to Mr Silent
** Showdown **
(alias deleted) shows [ 6d, Td ]
Mr Silent shows [ Ks, Ah ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kh, Th, 6h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]
** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]
** Hand Conclusion **(alias deleted) wins 2,660 from main pot with two pair, Tens and Sixes



***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 264141758 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $8 Entry Fee, Level:1 Blinds(10/20-
(no ante)) - Thursday, October 18, 03:41:17 GMT 2007
$200+$8 NL Holdem #1184219
Table 1 2-max (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of active players : 2
Seat 1: Mr Silent ( 1,680 )
Seat 2: (alias deleted) ( 1,320 )
Tourney Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante))
Mr Silent posts small blind [10]
(alias deleted) posts big blind [20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mr Silent [ Qc, Ad ]
Mr Silent raises to [60]
(alias deleted) raises to [100]
Mr Silent goes all-in
Mr Silent raises to [1,680]
(alias deleted) calls [1,220]
(alias deleted) goes all-in
Returning uncalled bet [360] to Mr Silent
** Showdown ** Mr Silent shows [ Qc, Ad ]
(alias deleted) shows [ Jc, 7c ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, Jd, 9h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
** Hand Conclusion **
(alias deleted) wins 2,640 from main pot with three of a kind, Jacks
************ Game 264141758 ends ************

I have deleted his name as I don't want everyone getting my fish for free! Basically any raise he would reraise and would then call any all in preflop if his two cards were suited. As he won a few games he would move up in stake, after bad beating me in a $500 game leaving me low in chips he said after this I will play two $750s and then go to bed. So i play him in a $750 determined to win as he is going soon, I win and he then jumps into a $100 with someone else. Loses and quits for the night. Now obviously he was playing with my money from the previous few games and was hoping he would win the $750 to then play me again. I hated the way he lied.

So basically from one nights poker the following things happened which i disagree with:

1) Hit and run
2) Possible collusion/playing same table with two different accounts
3) Jumping in peoples rematches as you know their opponent is bad
4) Playing in a ring game and trying to take a fish away from everyone else to get heads up
5) Speaking to somebody who is polite all night, refunds you a $100 entry fee when you play more tables than you can cope with and then telling lies. Clearly hoping to win at higher stake with their money and then getting a no lose rematch before quitting for the night.

Out of the top five things the only one I will ever consider is point # 2. However I would only use this versus somebody who has done the same to me. I could never imagine the likes of other good players such as hawko/dubai/benno doing the same. Some people wish to win by any means necessary, some of the means they will use I think are a form of cheating. Each to their own I guess, just never feel obliged to refund somebody who has disconnected as there is a huge likelyhood they will not do the same for you.

On the subject of cheating following the Absolute Poker and Fulltiltpoker scams of late claims have now come up that on Betfair poker that people have software to access opponents hole cards. I do not know if there is any truth that Betfair have refunded people large sums of money. The only thing for certain is that Betfair would act with integrity similar to fulltilt and unlike Absolute Poker cheats. Funnily enough I had seen a player on the cash tables spamming with the link for a trojan virus. Here is the email I sent betfair and what happened next:

(DO not click the link)

Dear Sir/Madam

Previously I have downloaded a virus from some bastard on a betfair forum. I know you are already aware of this problem but on the poker cash tables somebody by the alias ThXena is spamming this virus. On cash table Manila if you check the chat logs you should be able to see the link for http://www.betfairreport.com/ being spammed. I noticed the person sat down with $1000, a lot of people had to buy virus removers due to the forum posts and I would like to think that these people have all funds seized. I am sure betfair will take appropriate action.

My account is then locked and I recieve the following email....


Thank you for bringing this spamming to our attention.
You mentioned in your email that you had downloaded the virus. For your security, we have temporarily suspended your account. Please change your password and run antivirus, and when the virus has been removed from your computer, let us know and we will unsuspend your account.
Please be advised that we tried to contact you by telephone regarding this on 07801499532, but the number did not seem to work.We thank you once again for your co-operation.Kind regards,


After several phone calls my account is activated again and two days later the same person is spamming the same messages still on the cash tables! So people all beware of what you recieve in your email inbox and do not download anything unless you confirm with the site first via email to the advertised email address on their homepage or via phone. There is so much money in online poker and the mafias of this world are finally taking advantage in a big way. Be very cautious. That's all for now, good luck on the tables all.....

3 comments:

TEAMDOBB said...

mmmmmmmmm very interesting and highlights alot of the wankers that are online. Where theres money involved this will always happen unfortunately. Nice post .

Tagula said...

Re: "When I view cash tables I often notice that you get groups from a certain country sat on the same table, always spaced out a few players apart. No proof but I can only suspect sometimes there is teamwork going on".

I know 100% this goes on.
I had a few drinks with an old mate a while back who admitted to being part of this, also confiding knowledge of people with multi-accounts etc.
He is consequently no longer a friend of mine.

AJ (Config)

Punterz said...

Yes sadly I know a few people that do this also. However if any are friends I will still talk to them, however if they are in the same game as me I will block then on msn so they don't try to influence my game in any way.