Rake Back Pro

Rake Back Pro
Not getting Rakeback yet? Open a new Betfair account now with 1500$ bonus.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tough Decisions

Poker is easy, play and destroy. It is that simple, no mercy is the only way. I decided to have an early night tonight and was in bed at midnight, I wake up an hour later and then get back to sleep, then I wake up at 3a.m. and can't get back to sleep. If I think about things I can never sleep, some days it takes me hours to fall asleep even if I am exhausted. Lately I have so many decisions to make and I hate it, my decision making is getting so bad that sometimes if I go to the pub I will order three different drinks, I may not even drink some of them but I just cant make the choice initially! Now last year I gave my word on several things, well loads. I don't think I have ever broken my word over the last few years, this has cost me a lot of money!

Example 1:
Last year I am drunk in the pub and the barman Scott who is quite a cool dude brings out a sponsorship form for the London marathon. Now anyone who is willing to go through the pain of a first marathon deserves the utmost respect. The young kid is running for Great Ormond street hospice, a place very close to my heart. Now its not enough I randomly gave a £15,000 prize to this place and a few others a few months before I decide to sponsor him for double whatever everyone else gives him up to a maximum of £1000. I wake up the next day and remember, I guess I could have spoken to him and said let me change it to £100 but more fool me for being drunk maybe it will teach me a lesson! Anyways I end up paying the £1000 maximum, he puts it in the pub safe and some scumbag steals half of it. So so so scummy, may sound bad but I would love whoever stole it to have a kid at the hospital one day and suffer real guilt at being a scummy thief. Somebody else in the pub asked me for sponsorship recently when I was sober, I signed the form for £10 or £20... if I was drunk it would no doubt have been much more!

Example 2:
Last year I needed a flat so I purchased one the next day having looked at it for just 2 minutes. Well I agreed to the price £185,000, and seeing as it was part of a chain it took ages to go through. In the meantime a lot happened, I no longer wanted the flat and the credit crunch started in all earnesty. But hey I have given my word and still buy the place even though it was probably worth £10,000 less and if I waited a year it would be £20,000 less....and I didn't even want the place anymore.

Now through this drunken rambling I don't even know where this post is going (yes I cheated and drank before I reached the £20,000 target). Thats it, tough decisions...I am having so many lately. Here is one example, well it is not even a decision for me which is the problem. I tend to do the morally right thing instantly instead of perhaps choosing another option which is best for me. At the moment my finances are on around a minus £100,000 downswing. This is made up of £20,000 spent on a new kitchen, £30,000 poker loss last Friday and almost £50,000 owed to me. Wait starting to sober up a bit more now and I can't really post what I want due to a 100/1 shot that someone reads it who shouldn't and it causes any hurt. So the reason for this post and one of the reasons why I can't sleep and now I am not even going to post it. Sorry people for wasting five minutes of your life. I shall make up for it with some good posts and pictures when I come back from Las Vegas in April.

Funny hand from earlier....

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of active players : 2
Seat 1: gamblin ( 1,970 )
Seat 2: Punterz08 ( 1,030 )
Tourney Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante))
gamblin posts small blind [25]
Punterz08 posts big blind [50]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Punterz08 [ Qc, Jc ]
gamblin calls [25]
Punterz08 raises to [150]
gamblin calls [100]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, Ac, Kc ]
Punterz08 bets [150]
gamblin raises to [300]
Punterz08 calls [150]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qd ]
Punterz08 bets [50]
gamblin raises to [100]
Punterz08 raises to [150]
gamblin raises to [200]
Punterz08 raises to [250]
gamblin raises to [300]
Punterz08 raises to [350]
gamblin raises to [400]
Punterz08 raises to [450]
gamblin raises to [500]
Punterz08 raises to [550]
gamblin raises to [600]
Punterz08 calls [30]
Punterz08 goes all-in
Returning uncalled bet [20] to gamblin
** Showdown **
gamblin shows [ 2c, 7c ]
Punterz08 shows [ Qc, Jc ]
** Dealing River ** [ 8d ]
** Hand Conclusion **
Punterz08 wins 2,060 from main pot with a Flush
************ Game 467105038 ends ************

Back to the £20,000 challenge, a good finish earlier and another £1000 since I woke up just now. All in all I have made £3500 today so total is now plus £5950. I wish I hadn't had a drink at all as it would have tasted so good to have a beer at the end of the challenge! This week I have a 35% share in somebody playing the £1000 GKUPT in Brighton. I have never seen a return on my numerous stakings of players in the past. This time though I feel as though I have as good a chance as ever of having a payday. The person has less of a reputation than most I have paid entry fees into world series events etc in the past but I think this is a good thing. Nowadays I would rather buy in a quiet unassuming player than somebody who just talks a good game. I just have to hope if he goes far he doesn't suffer from any pressure. Time will tell!


£20,000 running total..... +£5950

6 comments:

rubbish said...

I can see why you were minimum raising the guy but why was he minimum re-raising you?

Play him regularly and you'll make your £20k in no time.

Hope you get your £50k owed to you.

Wonky said...

The answers simple mate... don't be so generous with your money. Poker world is full of people who forget too easily and it's best not to lend it out imo.

Having said that backing is ok... you want to take a slice of me in the DTD £50k Gtd monthlys ?? :D

Also link me up.

PS To anyone reading this who owes money to anyone... pay up scumbag!

Punterz said...

Thanks for the encouragement Mr rubbish! Wonky you are right everyone should pay up. The few people who I would consider staking if possible would be the likes of yourself and soap. At the moment I am pretty fucked though, although that can change in a few seconds literally in this game! If you go to the wsop in vegas this year i promise I would buy 25% of you in two $1000/$1500 events. They have satellites and SNG satellites all day at the rio which are pretty soft and you can keep on using the tournament chips for more sats if you want!

Wonky said...

lol sok i was kiddin. Ty for the offer but Mrs droppin another sprog around WSOP time so wont be making the trip

Punterz said...

well anyways that offer is open for any wsop as its more fun when i am there to watch my investments! good luck with the baby and your link is up!

gyposdog said...

fkn hell my house didnt cost me 50k nee wonder yer cant sleep :) blogs a cracking read aswell all the best for 2009